Monday, September 26, 2011

TeamBuy + American Apparel = Happy Canadian Fashionistas

Two things that I love very much in this world are deals and fashion. So, you can imagine how excited I was to see TeamBuy's latest offer:
And HOW cute is this outfit, I ask you?!
That's right, fashion-forward Canucks; TeamBuy is offering an exclusive coast-to-coast coupon for $25 off at American Apparel. If you purchase the deal between Monday, Sept 26th (TODAY!) and Sunday, Oct 2nd you will receive a $50 credit for only $25, to use online OR in-store at any location across the country.

American Apparel offers great basics for men, women and kids, so we felt like this would be a valuable feature our customers would enjoy. There is something for everyone,” said Ghassan Halazon, CEO of TeamBuy.ca. “Plus, we have more savings to share; anyone who downloads our new iPhone app will receive $5 in TeamBucks to use towards any offer they like.”

(Too bad I don't have an iPhone *sadface*)

What I love about TeamBuy is they offer great deals for a variety of goods and services that are actually stylish and useful - including awesome restaurants, activities and (as in the case above) fashion. It's not all tanning and teeth-whitening (I think we can all agree we have seen enough of those, non?).

I find the older I get, the more I get into basics; tried and true pieces that I can mix and match into a variety of outfits. I am on a budget, so clothes have to be versatile! As much as I love to shop, I don't have the time or money (or closet space, alas) to buy a new outfit for every occasion! A foundation of basics is the best way to get the most mileage out of your wardrobe. I love me a bright colour and a graphic print, but you have to have neutrals to ground them, and AA has some of the best basics going. Here are some of my current desirables:

Leggings - I LOVE these things, I don't care what anyone says - so comfy and a great leg slimmer (which is something I need since I am a midget with "muscular" calves - can I get an amen, real ladies?)
Red henley shirtdress - I have one similar to this in chambray and I love it. It's very polished looking but also relaxed - great for the office or the weekend. Plus, I love the pinkish-red colour

I love all the great coloured jeans/pants that were on the fall runways, and I'd love to get a pair for myself. I have a red pair already, so would love to get a cooler-coloured pair like this teal. Again, SO versatile!

My other fav would have to be that camel cape in the above photo - so cute! Great for the crisp but sunny Fall weather. I also love their Multipacks, which are a really good idea. I think we have all found a piece that we like so much that we buy one in every colour, right? Well, buying a multipack is a great way to get one of every colour/type all together. Easy-peasy (and cheaper). Um, hello?! That's the whole point of basics, right?

Hmmm, methinks a TeamBuy purchase is in order...and a shopping spree at AA!

So, what the heck is TeamBuy?
TeamBuy.ca encourages users to save cash as they enjoy all that their city has to offer. The site gives TeamBuyers the benefit of buying in bulk without actually having to. Each feature depends on a minimum number of buyers signing up; if the buy is successful, a Team Ticket is sent by email within 24 hours to those who purchased. If the target number of customers is not reached, the buy is not made available and no one is charged.

TeamBuy.ca is a Canadian-based team-buying website that launched in Toronto in October 2009. The site secures impressive savings by using team-buying power, giving users the benefit of buying in bulk without actually having to. Each feature depends on a minimum number of buyers signing up; if the Buy is successful, a Team Ticket is sent via email within 24 hours to those who purchased. If the target number of customers is not reached by midnight, the Buy is not made available and no one is charged. TeamBuy.ca is currently available in Brampton, Calgary, Durham Region, Edmonton, Halifax, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo, London, Mississauga, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg and York Region.

The TeamBuy.ca iPhone app is available through the iTunes Store and iPhone’s App Store. In addition, a mobile-friendly version of TeamBuy.ca can be accessed from any mobile phone with browsing capabilities. Each of these versions enables TeamBuyers to search, buy and redeem features on the go.

For more information, please visit www.teambuy.ca

For all my Hali-fine peeps - TeamBuy Halifax Twitter and Facebook:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!