Thursday, August 18, 2011

And I Just Can't Hide It

Found here
Sooooo I am excited about a few things right now. Wanna know what?
* The new Sephora store that just opened in Halifax - because the 'Fax is a smaller city, we are not first in line when it comes to getting "cool things", like stores, concerts, etc. However, that is slowly changing - we got H&M last year, and some Targets are coming in the next couple of years, and Sephora is the newest in a line of great chain stores we are FINALLY getting. My mom and I visited last night and were really impressed with the service. I have been in Sephora's elsewhere, including New York City, but there is something about having one at home. I love not having to order awesome makeup and hair stuff ONLINE, and therefore being able to try it before I buy!

* A new blog challenge I am participating in with the Downtown Halifax Business Commission! It is another (not exactly the same but similar) instalment of the Big Day Downtown I did last summer, and I can't wait. I am going to a reception to get the details, and meet some cool local bloggers I haven't had the chance to chat with yet. Stay tuned!

* Further to the above two points, I am excited about another new addition to the Halifax scene - The MiddleSpoon Desserterie & Bar! I have been hearing lots of buzz about it, and will get to visit and see for myself at the DHBC reception! I'm always up for anything dessert-related.

* I am interviewing a local boutique owner tomorrow for a web article I am writing. This boutique is actually one of my favourite in the city, and the article is hopefully the start of a regular collaboration with this website so I'm looking forward to it.

* I am meeting with an editor of a local magazine Friday about an article possibility. It is my first meeting with a major editor, so I'm really nervous, but I really believe in my idea and can't wait to dive into it. I just hope he agrees! Regardless, the meeting is a precedence-setter for my life.

* The boy and I are going hiking and geocaching on McNabs Island this weekend! The island is open to the public for camping and exploring but you are not allowed to have fires and there are no facilities so it's definitely an "off-the-grid" experience even though you are in the middle of one of the busiest harbours in the world. It is officially a provincial park (along with nearby Lawlors Island) but is managed by the Friends of McNabs Island Society - only in Nova Scotia lol.

* I am getting together with a friend tomorrow night who is in town from Alberta. I am hoping we will get to see Horrible Bosses because I have been hearing great things about it. For those of you that don't know, Kevin Spacey is my future husband - feel free to make fun - I will just ignore it and keep on loving my man and working on making him mine.
I'm also going to see The Help with mom next week - I can't wait because I really enjoyed the book and am always curious if the movie can live up to the paper story (this is rare).

* Speaking of books, I am currently reading Little Bee by Chris Cleave and the prose is beautiful! There is still a lot of the story that I am in the dark about because it hasn't unfolded yet, but I am really enjoying it so far. I am constantly fascinated at the vivid, colourful characters that authors can come up with! He has another book called Incendiary that I'm now curious about...anyone read it? If I like an author I always like to read their other works.

What are YOU excited about right now??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!