Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spread the Love

I really liked the idea I read about on this blog, and decided to participate.

I don't know about you, but I tend to be one of those people who is really hard on themselves. I tend to set the bar high and rag on myself if I don't meet it. But this is something I have been working hard to change. I have been trying to cut myself a break once in a while, and I think this is something that is important for everyone.

It is really important to focus on the positives as well as the negatives - sure, you made some mistakes and did some stupid things, but what are the things you have ACCOMPLISHED today/this week/this month? What goals did you set that you DID meet? What are the things you LIKE about how you look and act and think?

Everyone has gifts, qualities to be proud of, and it is important to celebrate these. That goes for physically as well as emotionally - many of us, women especially, are far too negative about their looks and spend more time comparing to non-realistic ideals then celebrating our own unique beauty. This just creates a vicious cycle of negativity and pretty soon that's all you focus on - and you begin to wonder why you are not attracting positive things in life (positive attracts positive = true story, although cheesy).

Look, you are human. You ARE going to make mistakes. You ARE going to mess things up. You are going to have a blond moment or two. It's just a matter of when. And it's ok! Everyone else does it too! And it doesn't mean you are a bad person, it means you are normal. The sooner you accept the fact that you are going to mess up, the sooner you will be able to embrace who you are.

Again, I am far from being an expert here, but I am working on it. I figured this challenge would help with that.

I hope that you will participate too, and link up here with Victoria with me. Lets spread some positivity!


I love myself because...I am open-minded and adventurous. I care about my friends and family and make an effort to be there for them whenever I can. I am creative - I am great at thinking up concepts for events, decorating, putting outfits together, thinking of cute plays-on-words, I play piano and write. I am constantly thinking about how I can improve and grow -  I have a thirst for learning and knowledge. I have great hair and teeth. I may be short, but I like my small but curvy frame! I have the ability to empathize and feel compassion. My attitude - I never give up, I never show if I am stressed, I am flexible and adaptable, I always try my best, I am level-headed and down-to-earth. I am self-aware and have a goofy sense of humour (don't take things too seriously). I value honesty and try to use it whenever I can. I like to support anyone and anything that is "different" or outside the norm - I like to give people a chance. I do not hold a grudge - I get over stuff very quickly and always look for what I can learn from an experience.

Please make sure you focus on the positive this weekend -
I can almost guarantee you will be happier come Monday!

4 comments:

KG said...

Inspiring!

You sound like a great person and someone I would definitely want to have as a friend! We share some positive attributes and that makes me smile. I've been meaning to be more positive lately, but it's really hard!

Kim Humes said...

Aw what a lovely comment! That means a lot. Well I certainly have my moments (don't we all) but generally I like to think I'm a fairly positive person. You sound lovely as well. So, guess what?! We are now friends lol (internet friends still count)

Hannah J. Holmes said...

this is a great post -- very inspirational/encouraging. you sound like you a  fun person to hang out with :) 

Kim Humes said...

Thank you dear! Diddo!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!