Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Will Gladly Bow Down to CandyBear's Cuteness

This is a quick post (wow, three posts in 3 days from me, that's a record!) acknowledging my very first blog award!

It comes from Melissa at Who Says I Can't, and it's the Sweet Blog award. Observe:

I AM CANDYBEAR. BOW DOWN TO MY CUTENESS
ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAAAAIIIIR *Melissa added this caption (which is obviously where my bizarre blog title comes from) but I just thought it was hilarious so I'm keeping it :) And on a not entirely unrelated note, is her blog header not the coolest ever?! IT IS so check it out!

This is so exciting - my first blog award! I'm so humbled (you like me!! you really like me!!). You put this stuff out there on the interwebs every week and are not really sure if it means anything to anyone, or if anyone is even reading (apart from occasional comments). I mean, the blog is for me and I'm going to write what I want and what makes me happy, regardless of others when it comes right down to it, but it's still wonderful to know that others enjoy your writing and think it's worth recognizing.

Anyway, enough with the long-windedness (though that IS my signature). It's now my duty to pay this lovely award forward as follows:
*give this award to 10 sweet and friendly bloggers,
*make a post about the award including the picture and mention the person who gave it to you,
*put the award on your blog (CHECK!), and
*let your nominated 10 know you've awarded them by leaving a comment!
 
I follow so many great bloggers that it will be hard to pick 10, but here goes! All of these blogs are very sweet and friendly, but also funny, insightful, stylish, smart and have some of the most interesting posts that I have nabbed great tips and information from! In no particular order:
1. Bree @ Simply Girly
2. Stephanie @ The Mrs
3. Katie @ Special Snowflakes
4. Kimberly @ East Coast by Choice
5. Paige @ Life is a Phoenix
6. Mama Kat @ Mama's Losing It
7. Allison @ My Quarter-Life Crisis
8. Amy @ Rainy Saturday
9. Carly @ Radio Carly aaaaaaand.....
10. Chantal @ Writer Abroad
 
My work here is done - chosen 10, go forth and Blog Awardeth as I have! Pass the love along!
 
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go print off the above bear badge and have it plaqued because I'm a humongous nerd who never wins anything!

13 comments:

paige said...

Thanks for the mention! I'll add this to my list of things I want to put in my blog. I love these.

I agree with you about writing what you want - that's the point, I think. I love bloggers who just write what they want to and what they feel. You can always tell. That's what I do, too.

I'll check out those other people's blogs, too!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the award! :) I appreciate it!

KatBouska said...

So nice! Thank you!!

Chantal said...

Thanks for the award!

jen said...

I'm here from Paige's blog. Just to tell you that I heart Paige as well. Good choice for your award!

Bree said...

well thank you! :)

Kimberly said...

My first ever blog award! Thanks!

Melissa said...

Bwahaha Candybear's going to take over the world!

Seriously though I'm glad you like your award! And you're very welcome!

veventoangel said...

I love it .Thank you - athens greece hotels

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the award! :) I appreciate it!

paige said...

Thanks for the mention! I'll add this to my list of things I want to put in my blog. I love these.

I agree with you about writing what you want - that's the point, I think. I love bloggers who just write what they want to and what they feel. You can always tell. That's what I do, too.

I'll check out those other people's blogs, too!

jen said...

I'm here from Paige's blog. Just to tell you that I heart Paige as well. Good choice for your award!

CoorgExpress said...

Its my great pleasure to visit your blog and to enjoy your awesome posts here. I like that a lot. Thanks. - Club mahindra Coorg

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!