Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You (and Me!)

I'm shamelessly stealing these questions from a quiz post by Carly (who is growing to become one of my fav bloggers) because I thought they were fun. It's always nice to learn little obscure things about other people and to think about them in terms of yourself.

Chances are everyone knows the obvious about you - what's your favourite colour, where do you work, what's your favourite movie, blah blah blah. The likes and dislikes and habits that lie a little underneath the surface are not as easily revealed and much more interesting! I actually find that just the WAY different people answer different questions can be very revealing about who they are and what makes them unique, so I'd love to hear other responses! Feel free to pass on in your own post, or comment with your answers! Some of the questions are silly but that's part of the fun
*Warning this is really long, even for one of my posts*

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30am (in the pitch dark, ugh. Damn you, daylight savings)

2. How do you like your steak? I actually am not a steak fan. I'll eat it if it's being served to me and there are no other choices but I would never order one or cook one for myself. Not a big meat eater at all actually, aside from chicken and fish. Reading up on becoming a vegetarian in fact.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Alice in Wonderland - loved it! What a unique twist on the story!

4. What is your favorite TV show? Oh gosh so many - Dexter, Sex and the City, Friends is my favourite of all time (can quote pretty much every episode from the first 6 seasons, some of them are just hilarious), True Blood, Grey's Anatomy, recently gotten into Republic of Doyle (set and filmed in Newfie-land) and Glee.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Again, too many to name - Vancouver, London England, somewhere warm and tropical.

6. What did you have for breakfast? Bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese (mmmmm *drool*)

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Gah, again with the hard questions! I love all food but favs are Greek/Lebanese/Turkish (mediterranean food in general I guess), Italian. Fav dish of all time is good ol' mac n' cheese and anything chocolate (natch - I'm a big health nut *rolls eyes*).

8. What foods do you dislike? Olives, onions (in some things), anything super-duper spicey (as you can see it's a very short and vague list).

9. Favorite Place to eat? Brooklyn Warehouse, It's All Greek to Me, Saege, Il Mercato, The Old Triangle 

10. Favorite dressing? Pretty much like all them but had a Mandarin Orange one recently that was good, and I also like poppyseed and raspberry vinegrette.

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Alas, I don't own a car and must brave the Halifax public transit system. I manage to escape with my life most days though some are close calls. I have this slightly impractical and kooky idea of getting a Vespa one of these days! Perhaps in the next year?!

12. What are your favorite clothes? Bright graphic tees, scarves, cute sneakers (not for work of course), coloured tights, leggings. If I could wear flip flops every day of the year I totally would.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Anywhere and everywhere! Seriously. I would travel anywhere if I had the time or money. Some places that are top of mind right now though are California, Thailand and Australia/New Zealand.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Ask me in an hour or so, I'm sure it will have changed by then ;)

15. Where would you want to retire? Hmm that's a long way away but somewhere warm and sunny with lots of cultural activities and great restaurants (sensing a theme with the warm weather references? Read: I hate the cold/winter).
16. Favorite time of day? When I get to my office first thing in the morning and it's quiet and the whole day stretches before me.

17. Where were you born? New Westminster, British Columbia

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Never watch sports - will go to the occasional game/match whatever if invited though as the energy at events can be infectious and invigorating. Though I'll only know maybe .1% of what's going on.

19. Bird watcher? Nope. Unless they are doing something odd or funny.

20. Are you a morning person or a night person? Hmm this is a toughie - I'm a morning person because I hate wasting away half the day in bed and I don't like to be up late if I have to get up early the next day (less than 6hrs of sleep makes Kim a dull girl) but I'm a night person in that I usually function better in the evening and don't like going to bed too early. So, I guess both?!

21. Do you have any pets? I have a chubby, 14 yr old cat whom I love dearly even though she's a cranky old lady underneath all her fur and flub.

22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I've recently met someone that I'm excited about :) That's all I'm sayin lol.

23. What did you want to be when you were little? Ok it's basically impossible for me to answer any of these questions in a concise way. Veterinarian, animator (I had a phase where I wanted to be a Disney "Imagineer"), fashion designer, stylist/fashion show producer, etc.

24. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat person, but I love all animals. I've always had cats so they hold a special place in my heart, plus they are very low maintenance pets but I would get a dog someday when I have a yard and the time to walk it.

25. What was your last drink? Coffee - sweet nectar of the gods.

26. Always wear your seat belt? Of course!

27. Been in a car accident? Got rear-ended before - wouldn't say it was an accident so much as an act of stupidity on the part of the other driver - but close enough.

28. Any pet peeves? Again, how much time do you have? (wow I'm learning a lot about myself in the process of this quiz). Close-mindedness, spitting, not signalling, loud obnoxiousness, narcissism, littering, etc.

29. Favorite Pizza Toppings? I like hawaiian pizza, also chicken, tomato.

30. Favorite Flower? Daisies are the "friendliest flower" (I'm in agreement with Meg Ryan), but I also love lilies (anything bright and vibrant and tropical).

31. Favorite ice cream? Not a huge ice cream fan, but get a craving once in a while. Anything really chunky with peanut butter and chocolate in some combo is great.

32. Favorite fast food restaurant? Not a huge fast food person but probably Tim Hortons or Subway.

33. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Once - but it wasn't my fault! My examiner was a jerk!

34. From whom did you get your last email? The instructor for my Photoshop class.

35. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Oh another toughie since I love shopping so much. Probably H&M or Winners. Or there's this awesome chain in England called Primark that would be tempting.

36. Do anything spontaneous lately? Went out for dinner with my two best friends on Monday - was sort of spontaneous as it was only suggested a few hours before. I was expecting to go right home after work so it was a nice surprise.

37. Like your job? I have always liked it, but wasn't sure I LOVED it, but lately I'm realizing that I do, in fact, love it (kind of depressing since I have to leave it in a few months :(

38. Broccoli? Ummmmm, cheese?

39. What was your favorite vacation? Trip to St Lucia with my mom in 2008 was pretty awesome.

40. Last person you went out to dinner with? Mark. May or may not be the person referred to in #22 (tee hee).

41. What are you listening to right now? The silence of the office punctuated with the tapping of my keyboard and my music (SXSW channel on Accuradio!) playing quietly in the background.

42. What is your favorite color? Yellow!

43. How many tattoos do you have? Four, though honestly one of them I'm not the most proud of now (got it when I was 18 and had an attitude problem).

44. What time is it? 10:33am - man, time flies when you're procrastinating.

46. Coffee ?? Yes please!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!